Facelift in Bucks County, PA, and Hunterdon County, NJ
Although the effects of aging cannot be hindered, many people opt to refresh their appearance with a facelift. This medical procedure is called rhytidectomy and is one of the world’s most popularly performed plastic surgery procedures. Buinewicz Plastic Surgery is located in Doylestown, PA and Flemington, NJ, and is led by board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Brian R. Buinewicz who provides rejuvenating facelifts for men and women who reside in Hunterdon County, NJ and Bucks County, PA.
What is a Facelift?
A facelift addresses and removes facial wrinkles and sagging facial skin caused by aging. Facelift surgeries are available that vary from minimally invasive to more sophisticated, extensive facial surgery. “Lunchtime lifts” are minimally invasive and offer men and women rejuvenating differences in a short spurt of time. More extensive plastic surgery may include the removal of excess skin, tightening facial tissue and muscles and the restoration of facial and neck skin. The complete treatment of facial sagging, jowls, marionette lines and the treatment of a double chin are completed together and hold the reputation as the “gold standard” for a complete facial rejuvenation. Every year, thousands of men and women have facelift surgery completed and are enjoying the pleasing results.
View a selection of real patient results in our Facelift Before and After gallery.
When to Consider a Facelift
- If your face no longer displays your energetic and youthful spirit
- If you decide that facial sagging and unwanted excess skin is beginning to create obstacles in your social life or career
- If you have some skin elasticity but you are showing signs of facial aging
- You do not like your appearance any longer due to aging, sun exposure or heredity, and you want to look like yourself again
Related Procedures to a Facelift
Benefits of a Facelift
- A facelift can uplift and rejuvenate many areas in the face with just one surgery
- A facelift provides great results that reduce your age by 10 to 15 years and provide lasting results that are enjoyed for over 10 years
- A facelift is the best technique for re-contouring the neckline and jawline
Am I a Good Candidate For a Facelift?
Here are the most common facial characteristics that would qualify you as a facelift candidate:
- Mid-face and/or jawline sagging
- Deep, extending creases that run from your nose to the outer edges of your mouth (nasolabial folds)
- Lines that extend from the corner of your mouth on both sides and run downwards toward your chin (marionette lines)
- Fallen or displaced facial fat (decreased volume)
- Sagging and decreased muscle tone that is seen in the lower portions of the face (jowls)
- Loose and excess fat deposits under the jawline and chin (double chin)
- Wrinkled, creased and sagging skin on the neck
How is a Facelift Performed?
The facelift procedure includes the removal of excess skin, the tightening of underlying muscle tissue, the re-sculpting of facial contours and the redraping of the facial skin. Sagging jowls, facial skin, and loose neck skin are removed.
The incisions are obscure and are created on the edge of the hairline at the temples and behind and in front of the ears. The facial skin is lifted, the underlying muscles are tightened and re-sculpted, excess skin is removed, and the facial skin is then tightened over the re-sculpted muscles. An extraction of fat may also be required and would then be completed through a tiny incision that is hidden under the chin.
After the surgery is completed, a bandage is immediately wrapped entirely around the head. This wrapping will help to relieve swelling and will protect the skin’s delicate tissue. The bandaging is removed after two days and at that time you can shower and shampoo your hair. The stitches are removed in two weeks, and you may engage in only non-strenuous, light activity after three weeks, a gradual increase of full activity is permitted slowly after four to six weeks.
How Much Does a Facelift Cost?
The facelift procedure is customized to each person’s particular requests, and the cost varies between patients based on their procedure selections. Buinewicz Plastic Surgery proudly provides financing to our patients in order to offset the cost of the procedures. The office will also accept personal checks, cash, and credit cards.
If you would like to remove the unwanted signs of aging and reshape and rejuvenate your appearance, contact us to request a facelift consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Brian R. Buinewicz at Buinewicz Plastic Surgery. Dr. Buinewicz works with a specialized team of professionals and offers a number of beautifying plastic surgeries and cosmetic procedures at our Doylestown, PA, and Flemington, NJ offices, which serve the residents of Hunterdon County, NJ and Bucks County, PA.