Body Lift in Bucks County, PA, and Hunterdon County, NJ
Bariatric surgery can produce dramatic weight loss and with that weight loss comes loose skin. A body lift is a fantastic way to tighten and lift saggy skin in any area of the body. Buinewicz Plastic Surgery, located in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, and Flemington, New Jersey and serving the men and women of Hunterdon County, NJ, and Bucks County, PA, conducts body lifts for patients who suffer from excess skin after weight loss. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Brian R. Buinewicz and his team are proud to help people complete their body transformations after they have worked so hard to lose weight.
What is a Body Lift?
When a person loses a large amount of weight, whether through giving birth, dieting, exercising or bariatric surgery, the loss of fat often leaves loose and sagging skin. A body lift helps a person remove this skin and sculpt their body into its desired shape and proportion. This is done by removing loose skin from places such as the abdomen or thighs.
When to Consider an Upper Body Lift
- You’ve recently lost a large amount of weight through natural means or bariatric surgery.
- Pregnancy has left you with loose and flabby skin.
- Aging has caused loose skin around your arms, chest or waist.
- You have “back rolls” or rolls of fat along the sides of your lower back.
Benefits of a Body Lift
- Clothing will fit better, and you will be thinner.
- You will no longer suffer from the chafing and rashes brought on by loose skin.
- You no longer need to be self-conscious about unsightly rolls or bulges.
Related Procedures to a Body Lift
It is very common for people to choose to have a second procedure such as a breast lift or arm lift done at the same time they receive their body lift.
What is the Body Lift Procedure Like?
Just as everyone is different, no two body lift procedures are exactly alike. There are, however, commonalities between surgeries. All body lifts require general anesthesia. Once it is administered, the areas that are to be worked on will receive additional numbing. Dr. Buinewicz will make a small incision in the area to be treated. Sagging skin is pulled tight past the point of the incision and at the same time excess fat and tissue gets removed. The incision is then closed, using deep sutures, which support the core tissue. You can choose to have a body lift as a single procedure or combine it with any of the following procedures.
- Upper Body Lift: This procedure or set of procedures target the upper body. Many people elect to have an upper body lift to fix problem areas in their arms, breasts or upper back. The procedure can also be done in tandem with breast augmentation, breast reduction, a back lift or other cosmetic body contouring procedures.
- Lower Body Lift: Doctors recommend lower body lifts to patients with excess skin below their waist. A lower body lift can be performed on the buttocks, thighs, hips or tummy. It is the cosmetic procedure most people opt for after weight loss. Many people combine this procedure with a tummy tuck or thigh lift. The lower body can be sculpted using only one larger sized incision. In this instance, an incision is made around the waist and problem areas below the waste are corrected. It usually takes three months for a patient to see the completed results.
- Posterior Body Lift: This procedure fixes issues in the lower back, buttocks, and thighs. Many people use this procedure to correct issues with flaps of skin that can be left following a tummy tuck. For this treatment, your doctor will make an incision along the place where the back band line of a pair of underwear touches your skin. As with a lower body lift, it takes about three months to completely recover and see your perfect results.
- Back Lift: Patients that are interested in achieving a more slender upper back and want to improve the contour of their waist, can get a back lift. During this procedure, the skin on the upper back is pulled tight, and excess fat and skin are removed. This incision occurs under the band of the bra. Once the procedure is complete, the incision gets sutured and bandaged. Typically, patients return to work after a seven-day rest period. It usually takes a month to return to all athletic activity. A back lift can result in a slimmer upper back and improved waist contour. The back body lift procedure involves an incision under the band of a bra. The upper back is pulled tight, excess skin and fat are removed, and the incision is sutured and bandaged. Most patients return to work after seven days following the procedure and return to all physical activity within one month.
Body Lift Recovery
Most patients claim to have a significant improvement following a body lift. Dr. Buinewicz personalizes each procedure with his patients, ensuring that their personal goals and needs are met. This procedure offers the possibility of other advantages as well. Some people find that when the excess skin is removed, their stretch marks magically disappear. The few stretch marks that are left tend to look flatter, and they are harder to see. Most patients are thrilled with their new look and excited to see the fruits of all their hard work and weight loss completed. Dressings are removed 72 hours after surgery, and the patient is allowed to shower. Any drainage tubes that were placed during surgery will remain where they are until all drainage has stopped. This drainage process can take between two and four weeks.
How Is a Lower Body Lift Different from Liposuction?
Liposuction is much less invasive than a body lift; it simply removes small pockets of fat. It doesn’t tighten skin, remove saggy skin or smooth out cellulite. A lower body lift does all that and more. Liposuction is great for removing small pockets of fat in problem areas that just aren’t affected by diet and exercise. It is, however, a great procedure to combine with a lower body lift in order to get the exact look you desire.
How Much Does a Body Lift Cost?
To help make the procedure more affordable, Buinewicz Plastic Surgery offers financing to their patients. We also accept cash, checks, and credit cards.
If you live in Hunterdon, County, New Jersey or Bucks County, Pennsylvania, and you are interested in a body lift procedure, make an appointment with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Brian R. Buinewicz and his knowledgeable staff. Located in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, and Flemington, New Jersey, Dr. Buinewicz would love to give you a younger, more sculpted appearance.